Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I found her finally

Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker
Fase, 4th part: The Violin Fase
four movements studies to the music of Steve Reich
Many years ago it caused bliss in me, watched on the big screen in Cracow as a part of the Dance Video Festival
I think only violin fase works out of all four...
Other parts are dry, here is a drama going on
maybe her dramatic breathing
maybe fabulous forest scenery...
unstatic camera and filming that follows the whole development of the music plot...
the abstract drawing on the sand....
the process.....
the sweat of the dancer...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Maybe violin music can ever avoid being not dramatic?
My found old passion is here
The dream started somewhere there
The path that I didn't go
This piece is not really what Steve Reich and minimalists are about
it is rather betrayal of the minimal manifesto...

I have poor ability to focus on one thing, here I can...
It get's into the heart beat....




No comments: